The Canadian Sports Business Academy in Whistler, B.C. is currently open:
• our programs and courses are being delivered through an in-person learning model. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
• Program and course enrollment and registration are available online at https://www.canada-sports.net/en/enrollment/index.html
• We have developed and are implementing a detailed COVID 19 Safety Plan
that meets the expectations of the Government of Canada’s Guidance for Postsecondary Institutions during the COVID-19 Pandemic and the B.C. government’s Go-Forward Guidelines for the post-secondary sector
, which support the overall direction of the virus. This plan is in place to: 1) limit the spread of COVID-19, 2) respond quickly to any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 on our campuses, and 3) care for those affected by the virus.
• We have developed a detailed COVID-19 Travel and Arrival Protocols
to support and manage all arriving international students and ensure compliance with the 14-day quarantine requirement under the Quarantine Act.
• All students will be made aware of the CSBA COVID Safety Policies and Protocols during orientation. Students will also be provided with a variety of resources and support throughout their studies at CSBA. See: CSBA COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDE
• Our full case management and outbreak response plan can be found at : Case Management and Outbreak Response
• as the measures and precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19 may increase in the coming months, we will continue to monitor B.C. public health advice, orders of the Provincial Health Officer
, and information on safe work protocols provided by WorkSafeBC,
How to access free counselling and mental health services for students
CSBA and the Government of B.C. want to ensure that students who need mental health support know how and where to get it.
As part of orientation for new students, how to access counselling and mental health support will be presented.
• Here2Talk is a mental health counselling and referral service available to all B.C. post-secondary students. The service offers confidential, free, single-session services by app, phone, or online chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How to access Here2Talk
B.C. post-secondary students can access professional counselling services by:
• Downloading the Here2Talk app
• Visiting here2talk.ca
• Calling toll free 877.857.3397or direct 604.642.5212
Students calling from outside Canada can also dial 604.642.5212 (international calling charges may apply). Phone services are available in additional languages upon request.
The Here2Talk service is operated by Morneau Shepell, and can support students dealing with challenges such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, pressure to perform, crises, racism, and relationships. Counsellors will also be equipped to refer students to local resources in their communities.
(October 14, 2020)